5.29.2007

MLS Saturday on FSC: Dallas v Chivas

Maykel Galindo is a terror to defenses!


A really good game with some of the best midfield play I've seen in MLS since DC decided to implode. Toja and Ricchetti look to be the best pair of new players to MLS so far this season. Great additions to the league that FSC announcer Christopher Sullivan couldn't get enough of. What a goal by Maykel Galindo btw...goal of the week in my book.


(ps...what's up with the Chivas crowds? I thought the Mexicans where supposed to flock to this team. I guess they're Mexicants instead. I mean, that sort of vacuous atmosphere is typically reserved for the monstrosities of the Meadowlands and Arrowhead! Not a SSS. Check out this nice article over at Who Ate All the Cupcakes that pretty much reflects my thoughts...which is good, so my lazy ass doesn't have to write my own!)


I had to laugh and Sullivan's counterpart in the booth however. This guy kept trying to talk about Beckham, and Sulli would just walk right over him with his great commentary on the match. People complain about MLS announcers trying to "sell the game", but they don't do that on FSC.

No comments: